1 tablespoon olive oil
3 Quick n’ Eat Angus Beef Patties, cooked according to package directions and diced
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
12 ounces part skim ricotta
8 ounces part skim mozzarella, shredded
Kosher salt + Freshly ground black pepper
1 (28-32 ounce) store bought pizza dough, room temperature
1 teaspoon water
1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add diced burger patties, onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Combine ricotta and mozzarella in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide dough into 4 equal portions. Roll out dough into a thin circle (or as close to a circle as you can), flouring as needed to avoid sticking. Add ¼ of the cheese mixture and the burger mixture on one half of the pizza dough, leaving at least a ½” gap around the edge. Fold dough over and crimp closed with a fork. Repeat with remaining calzones. Cut two vent holes in the top of each calzone to allow for steam to escape during baking (this is easiest done with kitchen shears).
- Whisk egg and water in a small dish and brush the top of each calzone with the egg wash. Place calzones on a parchment paper lined baking tray. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- *buying a pizza dough from a local pizzeria is an excellent option!
- *if the dough keeps recoiling while trying to roll out, let sit at room temperature for another 5-10
- *calzones can be baked, cooled, and frozen in an airtight container for quick and easy meals! Just reheat from frozen in a 350°F oven until crisp and heated through.